Yes, it is off season and may not be the warmest climate for the first day of Spring but I wouldn’t swap it for anything! Off to Squibnocket on this bright crisp day, sun shining and kites in hand.
I know most people think of the summer months when they hear Martha’s Vineyard and I wanted to share some of our pre-season delights:
- Having the whole beach to your self. Kite not necessary! Great for walking and treasure hunting (shells, sea glass maybe even an arrow head)
- No crowds in the restaurants…more limited in availability but will see more locals out and about.
- Shops are very welcoming and you will be sure to run across a number of sales.
- Hiking – so many hidden places to explore and so wonderful to be in the great outdoors without the winter parka.
- Search for that perfect vacation rental while your here and plan your in-season Martha’s Vineyard Vacation.
Squibnocket beach is located in Chilmark and requires town permit for access during the summer months. It is one of our up island treasures that makes a Chilmark rental quite appealing.
Chilmark Rental Options: SEARCH